|Select an item for more information|
|Checking Solutions||Overdraft Options|
ProFed offers three easy solutions for your checking account needs.
- Simple Checking is free. There are no hidden charges. It's a simple way to do your banking hassle-free.
- Checking Plus earns you dividends when you maintain a minimum balance.
- EZ Checking helps people who need an easy start on a new checking account. Even if you've made a mistake on another account, EZ Checking can help. The small monthly service charge helps cover transaction costs, and can still save you money when you use ProFed instead of check cashing companies.
Compare checking account solutions with the chart below.
|Simple Checking||Checking Plus||EZ Checking|
|Per Check Charge||No||No||No|
|Free Online Banking||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Bill Payment||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Visa® Debit Card||Yes||Yes||Yes|
*A monthly fee will be assessed for any month the Checking Plus account fails to maintain the minimum balance. Please click here for our fee schedule. All new accounts are verified through ChexSystems.
ProFed has you covered. If you overdraft your checking account, you have options.
- Overdrafts can automatically transfer the funds to your checking account for a small, per-item charge. This solution is easy and economical, but automatic overdrafts are limited by Federal Regulation D to no more than 6 per month.
- You may qualify for Overdraft PrivilegeSM, a service that pays your overdraft for a fee. Then you can bring your account back into the black when you are ready. Your account can overdraft up to your maximum limit, and you may opt out at any time.
- We also offer options for your Home Equity Line of Credit or ProTect Line of Credit. Ask a loan representative for more details.
|Overdraft Options||Non-Sufficient Funds1||Automatic Transfer from Savings2||Overdraft Privilegesm3||Home Equity Line of Credit4||ProTect Line of Credit5|
|Fee Per Transaction||$29.00||$5.00||$29.00||$10.00||$10.00|
|Service Charge Per Year||None||None||None||$12.00||$30.00|
|Limits||Variable||Maximum 6 per month||Individual Overdraft Limit||Maximum Available Credit||Maximum Available Credit|
All Accounts are verified through ChexSystems. Excessive overdrafts may result in negative reporting.
- Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) transactions may be returned to the payee and additional charges may be incurred from the payee. NSF transactions are restricted by checking account type.
- Automatic transfers from savings are limited by Federal Regulation D. Click here for more information.
- The Overdraft PrivilegeSM courtesy limit varies per member. Some NSF items may not be paid. Failure to bring an account positive may result in termination of service. Click here for more information.
- Home Equity Line of Credit subject to credit approval and collateral review. Approval is not guaranteed. Variable interest rate applies. Closing costs and other fees may apply.
- ProTect Line of Credit subject to credit approval. Approval is not guaranteed. Non-variable interest rate applies.
Questions? Check out our Truth In Savings.